Brief description of fishery:
The fishery consists of approx. 1 1/2 miles of the south bank of the Thames, including Boveney weir pool, the north bank and part of the south bank of the Millstream around the site, and the west bank of the Overflow Stream.Members are permitted to enter and leave only by the side entrance. (See Venue map) Entering and leaving by the main gate is forbidden. Members must sign-in when entering the fishery using the book kept in the grey box to the left of the gate. These requirements must be strictly enforced by the fishery manager and bailiffs.
If you have any questions or you would like further information on this water please contact the fishery manager.
- The fishery consists of the south bank of the Thames, including Boveney weir pool, the north bank and part of the south bank of the Millstream around the site, and the west bank of the Overflow Stream from it.
- Members are permitted to enter and leave only by the side entrance. (See map on the Venue page) Entering and leaving by the main gate is forbidden. Members must sign-in when entering the fishery using the book kept in the grey box to the left of the gate. These requirements must be strictly enforced by the fishery manager and bailiffs. Members who fail to sign-in will be required to do so immediately. A formal warning will be issued for a second offence and a third offence may result in a ban from the fishery.
- Members must not attempt to cross the racecourse either in a vehicle or on foot. Parking for fishing the Mill Stream is near point B, you may park on the grass if dry but in wet weather please use nearby hard standing. Parking for when fishing the Thames is anywhere on the grass between the main drive and the riverbank. Take care in very wet conditions.
- On days that are declared ‘No Access’ days, race meetings, fireworks etc members must make no attempt to access the racecourse. If fishing the day before a no access day, then you must be off the racecourse by midnight the day before. Information on race days and other events is published in the Newsletter, on the website, Facebook and the forum. NOTE: these dates can change at very short notice always check before driving to the racecourse. They are posted on the website, the forum and on Facebook.
- Members are not permitted to fish in the Marina.
- Boating parties should be politely but firmly discouraged from mooring on this private fishery, except on the dedicated landing stage (see map).
- Boat owners and marina users are not permitted to fish in the Mill Stream below the Marina. This also applies to any caravaners or other site users. Non-members seen to be fishing in these places should be politely but firmly discouraged.
- The Royal Windsor Racecourse is a busy working environment and members must at all times drive in a careful and considerate manner (maximum speed 20 mph).
- Under no circumstances are dogs allowed on Windsor Racecourse.
- Close season
- No fishing is allowed from 15th March to June 15th. Members must not attempt to access the Racecourse during this period unless it is for an official work party.
- Night fishing
- Night fishing is allowed for members only. No member may be on the fishery for more than 48 hours, after which he/she must remove all items of equipment and must not return to the fishery before 24 hours have passed.
The racecourse is off the A308 the main road between Windsor & Maidenhead.
DO NOT attempt to use the main racecourse entrance (large blue double gates) The Society entrance gate is about 150 yards from this gate towards Windsor. Members must sign-in when entering the fishery using the book kept in the grey box to the left of the gate. The Society’s current parking permit must be prominently displayed in the vehicle’s windscreen when entering the site and at all times when on the fishery.
What3Words – Society’s gate – ///mess.squad.river
Access & Parking
Parking for the Mill Stream between points A and B is at point B on the venue map.
Parking for the Overflow Stream is on the road adjacent to it, or in dry weather conditions on the grass marked with dots on the map.
Elsewhere, parking is permitted on the grass on the river side of the perimeter road between points C and D on the map provided that no obstruction is caused to Racecourse vehicles and that care is taken when driving in wet weather conditions. Some hard standing can be found near point D. If in doubt where to park, please ask the Racecourse staff.
- Mirror Carp
No fishing is allowed at Windsor Racecourse on the following dates. Members are not allowed to enter the racecourse for any reason.
These dates are also liable to change at short notice, please always check before driving to Windsor.
|Monday 15th August||Windsor Racecourse|
|Saturday 27th August||Windsor Racecourse|
|Thursday 1st September||Windsor Racecourse|
|Saturday 17th September||Crabtree Lake|
|Sunday 18th September||Crabtree Lake|
|Sunday 2nd October||Woolhampton|
|Monday 3rd October||Windsor Racecourse|
|Monday 10th October||Windsor Racecourse|
|Monday 17th October||Windsor Racecourse|
|Sunday 30th October||Woolhampton|
|Sunday 11th December||Woolhampton|
|Sunday 22nd January||Woolhampton|
|Monday 23rd January||Kintbury|
|Sunday 19th February||Kintbury|
|Friday 24th February||Kintbury|
|Sunday 12th March||Woolhampton|