Brief description of fishery:
A fairly small lake of about 3.5 acres, shared with Elmbridge Model Club, the owners.
Previously, a ‘bag up’ lake with carp of up to about 10lbs, roach (2lb-ers have been caught), small tench and perch. During lockdown, however, cormorants discovered the lake with a consequent dramatic fall off in catches. We believe the carp are still present (up to 10lb and growing) but the smaller fish have been hammered. We are working hard with a designated team, helped by the EA to get the lake back to what it was – an easy, any method venue. We are still working on it and will keep members informed of progress. Catch reports and photos to the Fishery manager, please!
If you have any questions or you would like further information on this water please contact the fishery manager.
- The lake is owned by Elmbridge Model Club and at times the centre of the lake is used by its members for sailing and testing model powerboats. Experience has shown that the fish tend to bite despite this and there are places very close to the bank that fish well. It has been agreed that when power-boat competitions are taking place, a “no fishing day” will be designated.
- When at Crabtree Lake, CSAS members should respect the rights of Elmbridge Model Club members to use the area and should be prepared to show their ID and permit to an Elmbridge Model Club bailiff when asked to do so. Disciplinary action may be taken against any member who is considered to have acted or spoken so as to bring the Society into disrepute.
- The following special conditions apply: –
- No parking or fishing outside the designated area at any time.
- No more than two rods to be used.
- No bivvies permitted.
- No litter to be left.
- No fishing from the jetty at any time.
- No bait boats permitted at any time.
- No marker floats permitted at any time.
- Night fishing
- Night fishing by members only is permitted. No member may be on the fishery for more than 48 hours, after which he/she must remove all items of equipment and must not return to the fishery before 24 hours have passed.
- Go through the gate and park to the left. Lock the gate immediately afterwards. Members may also park behind swims where this does not block the roadway to other vehicles. On no account should members park on the hard standing or grass to the right of the gate.
- Close season
- There is no close season on this water; fishing is permitted all year round.
From Staines Bridge roundabout take the B3376 and continue on this road until the roundabout where you turn left onto the B338, continue for approx ½ a mile. The fishery is on your right.
What3Words – ///fans.tolls.deflection
Access & Parking
Go through the gate and park to the left. Lock the gate immediately afterwards. Members may also park behind swims where this does not block the roadway to other vehicles. On no account should members park on the hard standing or grass to the right of the gate.
- Mirror Carp
|Monday 15th August||Windsor Racecourse|
|Saturday 27th August||Windsor Racecourse|
|Thursday 1st September||Windsor Racecourse|
|Saturday 17th September||Crabtree Lake|
|Sunday 18th September||Crabtree Lake|
|Sunday 2nd October||Woolhampton|
|Monday 3rd October||Windsor Racecourse|
|Monday 10th October||Windsor Racecourse|
|Monday 17th October||Windsor Racecourse|
|Sunday 30th October||Woolhampton|
|Sunday 11th December||Woolhampton|
|Sunday 22nd January||Woolhampton|
|Monday 23rd January||Kintbury|
|Sunday 19th February||Kintbury|
|Friday 24th February||Kintbury|
|Sunday 12th March||Woolhampton|